Wednesday, March 5, 2014

our little man's bedroom.

Welcome to your tour of Wyatt's bedroom! I so loved decorating this space and getting it ready for Wyatt, but even more I love spending time in it with him. It's such a happy, peaceful room and I hope he likes it, too! Without further adieu:


Cody's idea to put the crib in the closet was such a good one! Since this photo was taken, I added a mobile to the crib, filled the fox bin with toys, added a gray sheet to the crib mattress, and removed the afghan and stuffed animals in the crib. Fun fact: my great aunt (who is currently 97 years old!) made that afghan for me when I was born! : )


Wyatt's map of Narnia (since his middle name, Caspian, came from The Chronicles of Narnia), stuffed tiger (the first thing we bought when we discovered we were pregnant), a framed pressed fern from a favorite spot of mine, a collection of arrowheads that I discovered (for my little Choctaw), Cody's childhood collection of books, a bin of random toys, our diaper bag, and a rocking lion, of course.

I
 am so thankful we chose to set his diaper changing station on the dresser. This set-up works so very well for us, from the tower of diaper changing supplies to the drawers that hold everything we need. It's all so accessible and handy. Diapers, right there to the left. Change of shirt? Top drawer: boom. Time for pjs? Other top drawer. Creams or burp clothes? Check the top tier. Oh, his face needs washing? Let me reach left for the spray bottle and right for a washcloth and - voila! - clean face! It's the perfect set-up, I tell you.


This wall makes me so happy. I love the alphabet cards, the bookcase, the storage bins...


A closer view of the lion and the rug...and that, oh friends and blog readers, concludes the tour. What do you think?

No comments: